Saturday, July 15, 2017

Korean Food TryOut

Hi Guys ✋,

Today let's have some Food Thoughts 👀

I'm sure many of you are fans of Korean dramas and movies; and now tell me who have not drooled over their mouth-watering food scenes, other than their hot actors 😜

I have always wanted to try Korean Cuisine and 26th March, 2017 happened to be the D-Day. I was very very eager and happy that I found out a pocket-friendly food outlet serving Korean dishes.

I visited Mall of Emirates- Al Barsha with a friend on the said day and before visiting I did some research to find where I could get Korean food and luckily there was a outlet in MOE and thanks to ZOMATO for this help.

We went to KORYO KOREAN BBQ outlet in the MOE Food Court- Level 2. I was excited and confused at the same time. I'm mostly into Indian, Persian and Pizza - Pasta kind of foods and was really not sure how things will turn out. Without much wait we ordered the following dishes:

1) Quick Combo (2 Entries, Rice and Japchae)
We chose the Galbi (Grilled marinated beef short ribs) and Dak Galbi (Grilled marinated chicken).
For rice we chose it with vegetables.
As you can see the portion of Rice and Japchae is quite enough and filling with the 2 Entrees.

Taste wise maybe because it was our first try on Korean food it was kind of so-so only. I was expecting the Galbi and Dak Galbi to be spicy, but it was not that spicy. I think it would taste great if it was bit more spicy and salty. It wasn't too oily and the meat was cooked really well and the sesame seeds sprinkled makes it taste good too, except for the spicy part.

Rice and Japchae (sweet potato noodles) was good and I don't mind having it again.




2) Tteokbokki (Spicy Rice Cakes)
I drooled seeing the scenes in dramas where the female leads mostly ate Tteokbokki and I'm glad I tried it. Even though it says its Spicy, but I think its more of a sweet/sour taste. I'm not sure if this is how the authentic Tteokbokki tastes or if it's just like this here in the outlet. The red color of the dish made me feel like I'm going to need lots of tissues, but that was not the case. It was spicy but was more sweet/sour. And the rice cakes were kind of hard and I found it difficult to chew it. It is how it is normally? Can someone let me know? I would like to know it if there are any Korean bloggers or readers around here or maybe some followers who have tasted authentic Korean cuisines. I really appreciate that.




3) Kimchi (Napa Cabbage Kimchi)
I'm not really sure what I should say about Kimchi. I don't mean to offend any of my readers here, but I really didn't like the Kimchi. I think it's because I'm not used to trying foods from different taste. The Kimchi had a foul kind of smell as if the food had gone bad. I'm not really sure how it is as well.
I really really wanted to eat Kimchi, as the scenes of making Kimchi from Boys over Flowers and many other dramas made me drool over it.

I guess I should have tried some other Banchan (side dishes).



So this was my experience with Korean food tryout. I'm sure I want to give myself another chance and taste the other dishes too. I will keep you all updated after I try it again. Meanwhile if you guys have any suggestions of Korean dishes for me to try out, do let me know. If possible and if available I will definitely tryout and let you all know.

I would like to know about similar experiences from you people too. Why not share your thoughts on Korean food or any other foods that you have tasted??


Koryo Korean BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for passing by.
Would you mind posting your thoughts about my blog??